Make sure you visit the agency's website and read their submission requirements before submitting.
About Jodell: Jodell earned her MFA in Children's Writing from Hamline University. She is working on the writing craft book on picture book pacing and has produced five Writer's Digest University Tutorials on Children's Writing on this same topic. Her published articles include "Picture Book Pacing: Verbal and Visual Tools for Writers," and "Picture Book Pacing: The ultimate 20 editing tools for your work," in the Children's Writer's & Illustrator's Market, 2011 and 2013, respectively.
What she is looking for: Author-Illustrators, Picture Books, Chapter Books, MG, and YA (especially funny), fiction and creative nonfiction, and freeverse: authors, illustrators, and, in particular, author/illustrators. She loves a well-paced story that moves the story to move the reader between joy and tears.
How to contact: Please send submissions to email@example.com
- Picture books—email query and full ms as a Word.doc
- Chapter Books—email query and first 10 pages in a Word.doc
- Middle Grade—email query and first 10 pages in a Word.doc
- Young Adult Novels—email query and first 10 pages in a Word.doc
- Non-fiction—query, proposal, and sample chapter
- Illustrations—query with link to online portfolio, or send PDF with pictures of children and animals -- be sure to send a submission in a Word.doc if you are an author-illustrator
About Michelle: Michelle began her career as a journalist, first reporting and then later copy editing for the Deseret Morning News in Salt Lake City, Utah. From there, she transitioned to a position as associate editor with nonfiction publisher Gibbs Smith, where she edited titles on a variety of topics, including children’s activity, humor, gift, cookbooks, and green living. Her combined experience in the publishing industry is a boon for the authors she represents, as she is able to guide them through each of the stages of publication
What she is looking for: Young Adult, Middle Grade, Children’s Non-fiction, Picture books, Early readers.
How to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Send your query letter and the first 10 pages of the manuscript in the body of the email. Include QUERY, the age group/genre and the book title in the subject line. No attachments, please.